Saturday, July 01, 2006

Salmon and Wild Rice


Happy Canada Day to everyone!! Even if you are not Canadian you can admire the good work that Canadians have been doing all over the world. I wanted to post a truly Canadian recipe and nothing is more west-coast Canadian than Salmon. BC is considered the Salmon capital of the world and it is my favourite fish to savour. So, enjoy this exotic recipe and spread the message of peace...

Salmon and Wild Rice

Dedication: This recipe is dedicated to all the Canadian soldiers who have lost their lives in bringing peace in Afganistan.

Serving: 4

Salmon

Ingredients:

  1. 700 gms Salmon fillets
  2. 1/4 tsb salt
  3. pinch of pepper
  4. 3 tomatoes diced
  5. 1 tsb lemon juice
  6. 1/2 cup mayonnaise

Method:

  1. Cut salmon into 4 servings and season with salt and pepper
  2. Preheat pan on medium heat for 3 minutes
  3. Combine tomatoes, lime juice and mayonnaise in bowl
  4. Coat it with both sides of salmon and place it in pan
  5. Cook and cover for 5 minutes or untill the fish is done

Wild Rice

Ingredients:

  1. 1 bag (300 gms) fresh spinach
  2. 1 tsb butter
  3. 250 gms wild rice (or regular rice) boiled
  4. 2 tsb shredded parmesan cheese

Method:

  1. Place spinach and butter in a pot and cook on medium heat for 3 minutes
  2. Add rice and cook for 4 more minutes
  3. Sprinkle with cheese
  4. Serve it with salmon

P.S: This recipe has nothing to do with last hint, so don't scratch your head too much. I now have a new next recipe.

Hint for next recipe: A rat once went into my car and made a hellava noise.

Gossip of the week: Krissh becomes the biggest hit ever.

15 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Margie said...

Yummy!
I love salmon, and have some in my
freezer... so, I think I will have this for dinner tonight.
Happy belated Canada Day to you!
I have family in Nova Scotia, and will be visiting there in a few weeks.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger The Bhandari's said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger The Bhandari's said...

:) a new recipe but I'll try a veg version of it atleast the rice part :)
~preeti

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger The Guy Next Door said...

Nice Blog for total food novices like me. I am planning to make the Aloo Gobhi from your post tonite.

BTW - Whats Wild Rice ? Is it whats called Brown Rice?

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Anks said...

sounds yum.... and you've made me yearn for fish, which i can't have in this monsoon!

and next one, gajar halwa!!!!

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ricky !! Its a treat visiting your blog.. I wish there would have been something special for Fourth of July tooooooo

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ricky.... its a treat visiting your page.. Wish there was something special for the Fourth of July tooo

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wo0o00o0o0o0T!!!!!!!!! O Canada!!!!!!!
A belated wish but I did talk to you on Canada day. Woohoo for Canadians!! HAHA! Okay, I am not being biased just cos I am one ;) but it is a great country. You know it :)
Well this recipe is not for me. So I shall not comment on it.
Cheerio!!

 
At 11:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS: Maybe we should do a post on Canada and the social work its been doing for like ages now. It would be nice :)

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Sumitha said...

Hi Ricky came here through a comment you left in my blog!Dont know how i have missed your blog so long,you have some very nice recipes:)

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger fursat said...

kandykane - Yea, it sure tastes yum too...lol. Thank You for the wishes.

You are welcome but I haven't watched the movie. I have heard its not a bad one though.

samuru999 - Yea, it is. Do tell me how it turned out. I love salmon too.

Thank You for the wishes. I haven't been to east coast but I have heard its just as beautiful.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger fursat said...

bhandari's - Yea, do try it. It's yummy.

silky moon - Thanks!!

Maybe I wil dedicate you when I come across a Nepali recipe.

Yea, Bollywood has a fascination for K.

the guy next door - Thank You!! Aloo Gobhi is my favourite dish of all. It's the easiest for bachelor like me. Wild Rice is an American rice grown near lakes and it has a brownish, blackish color to it. It's considered exotic, but you can use any you have available.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger fursat said...

anks - Oho, main toh bhool hee gaya tha.

anonymous - Thank You!! Maybe next year. By the way, do you blog too? I would love to visit your blog too sometime.

moonstruck - Yup yup, we did chat. Yea, 5 years have been great knowing this country and its wonderful people. Aree fish is vegetarian...he he

 
At 3:15 PM, Blogger fursat said...

moonstruck - Sure, we should do it, one day. I like the idea.

sumitha shibu - Hi Sumitha, I love your easy and yummy looking recipes too. Keep them coming. Cheers!!

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger archana said...

Nice photo, thank you for the recipe
Archana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home