Balti Chicken with tomatoes
I had thought of abandoning this recipe, till I started getting threats (not really) to post it. Although, most people guessed the balti-chicken part, no one could guess the main ingredient, tomatoes. "I" part in the hint was aimed at 'seventeen tomatoes', my online-identity in some respects. This recipe uses quite a few tomatoes and they just add something to the chicken with their unique taste. So, without wasting much time, here goes the yummy recipe...
Balti Chicken with Tomatoes
Dedication: This recipe is dedicated to Anks and Silky Moon for continouslly supporting this blog and reminding me to post this recipe.
- 3-4 tsb oil
- few bay leaves
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/4 tsb mustard seeds
- 6-8 tomatoes
- 1 tsb ground coriander
- 1 tsb chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsb ground cumin
- 600 gms chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup water
- chopped coriander for garnish
- Heat the oil
- Add the bay leaves, mustard seeds and chopped onion
- Heat till the onions are brownish
- Add the tomatoes
- Mix coriander, slat, cumin, chilli powder in a small bowl
- Add the spices to the tomatoes mixture
- Add the chicken and stir well
- Stir fry for 5 mins
- Add the water and cook till the chicken is well cooked
- Sprinkle coriander and serve with rice.
Hint for next recipe: Lets play scramble tonite
Gossip of the week: Have you seen Pirates of the Carribean - The Dead Man's Chest?